Thursday, August 8, 2013

we're the millers

A mildly offensive comedy about a fake family smuggling drugs from Mexico to the USA.

The film was a bit predictable but that can be expected with most comedies. This is the first film I've seen Jason Sudeikis star in so I wasn't too sure going in how he would fair as a leading man, and he did a pretty good job. I've been an SNL fan for years so it was nice to see him taking the next step. I like Jennifer Aniston and really enjoyed her in this role.  Will Poulter was really funny as the awkward Kenny Rossmore. The fake daughter played by Emma Roberts was also entertaining.

The minor characters in this movie were cast absolutely perfectly. Ed Helms plays the perfect evil drug lord, Kathryn Hahn is a hilarious as the stereotypical mom and Nick Offerman, is well, Nick Offerman and requires no explanation. I think these minor characters really made the movie better.They supported the story perfectly. 

If you're looking for a funny, uncomplicated movie, I would suggest "We're the Millers". It won't be on the shortlist for the Oscars but it will make you laugh for an hour and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment