Wednesday, August 28, 2013

well they said it would be hot

I tried hot yoga for the first time today, it was definitely an experience. We were met with a warm welcome (no pun intended)  we registered and picked our spots. It was so hot. It was already 40 degrees and I'm sure the floors were heated. It was a 90 minute class, I think a 60 minute class would have been less overwhelming. We were just about to finish the warm up and I was already feeling ill. They tell you to try your hardest to stay in the room, even if you aren't doing anything. I found it even difficult to lie on the floor because it was heated. At about the 50 minute mark I started to feel short of breath. I went to sit on the bench outside. The person in reception talked me into going back in, that it'll be a litte easier every time if I just stay in. So I went back in. I found it difficult to do a lot of the poses, not really because of the heat, more because I was absolutely doing with sweat, sexy I know. I kept slipping out of position.
I'm pretty sure by the end it was around 47 degrees. It was crazy. Everyone who is into it says I need to go back. Luckily I signed up with a friend,  I don't know if I could survive this trial month alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment