Thursday, November 21, 2013

thirsty thursday: proper snakebite

A few years ago, I had the amazing experience of living in Australia. It was while living there that I learned about the "snake bite". When I came home, I obviously wanted to have it again. I'd order it in a number of places and it was never quite right, particularly the time the bartender gave me a shot of tequila and jack daniels mixed together (I may have given it to an unsuspecting friend). After so many failed attempts, I excited to find that Hemingway's in Yorkville would make me a snake bite the way I want it.

The snakebite I know is:
Half cider of your choice
Half beer of your choice
And a splash of grenadine (usually the missing ingredient)

You could obviously make this drink quite easily at home, but its still nice to be able to buy it in a bar and not get a crazy look.



1 comment:

  1. Snakebite was a regular drink at my university bar back in the UK and it's easily found in many Michigan bars. It's certainly tasty!

    ReplyDelete