Monday, November 11, 2013

canadian cancer society: relay for life committee

As promised, I will continue to post great volunteer opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area. Last year, I started on the committee for the 2013 Relay for Life in Richmond Hill. I was charged with the entertainment portion of the event but we had a fairly small committee. We were small but mighty, we all worked together and made something truly beautiful happen. We had a night of fun, laughter, tears and coming together to fight back against cancer. It was an unbelievably rewarding experience. I also put in a team with friends and family and it was really great to have everyone there most of the night. 

This year, I'll be back on the Richmond Hill committee, with my role to be determined but I can't wait to get started. It was such a rewarding experience to know that we brought together such a great event and raised almost $50,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society. The committees are looking for passionate and enthusiastic members. The time-commitment is about one meeting a month, the tasks you take on and a few extra meetings right before the event. If you want to help make a difference, send me an email!

If you want to learn more about this opportunity, check out the Charity Village post.
If you'd like to learn more about the event or put in a team, check out the Canadian Cancer Society's page. 

Canadian Cancer Society South York Region Unit Relay For Life Events's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment