Monday, July 29, 2013

what I loved at beerfest

Yesterday was one of my favourite days of the year. It was my day at Beerfest in Toronto. It was a beautiful day in the city. There was a ton of vendors, I tried my best to try things I've never had before, here are a few of my favourites, oddly, none of them are actually just beers. 

1. Somersby Blackberry - I've been waiting for weeks to try this, since I first saw it in the LCBO magazine. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it in any stores, despite their ad campaign. It was refreshing and delicious. They also made beer cocktails, somersby and kronenberg blanc. It was absolutely fantastic. I'm a big fan of beer cocktails.

2. Coors Light - I know this is a beer but they were making beer cocktails at their booth. The one I liked was a cranberry drink, with just a hint of cinnamon. Mixed with the beer made it a great drink. Perfect for when you want a cocktail, but not a hard liquor.

3. Smirnoff Ice - They had two new flavours, the Fruit Punch Ice VII and the Raspberry. They were both really good. They weren't overly sweet. I'm sure they would also taste great mixed with beer. 

4. Sully's Hot Dogs - You can't drink all day without food. We had great hot dogs from Sully's. The best part had to be the bread. They butter-toast it. It tastes the outside of a grilled cheese sandwich. It was really great. 

Those are my top picks. As I mentioned, none of them are just beer, maybe that's because I was trying new things and some of them I didn't love. Sometimes with things like beer, you have to stick to what you know. I was really impressed with the items above. Hopefully you'll get the chance to enjoy one on a patio before the summer is out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment