Friday, July 19, 2013

fancy restaurant

my friend and I went to a fancy restaurant last night called Origin North at Bayview Village. I'm usually not very good with the fancy restaurants because the food is usually too weird and the prices are too high. I figured as part of the 'survival guide' aspect, I would give my fellow twenty-somethings in toronto an insight on options in the city.

The food was a little unusual. They kept talking about sharing the food but it didn't seem like some of it was shareable... how do I share a burger without making a complete mess?

We did however share: MASA CHIPS + avocado + salsa + pumpkin seeds
It was pretty delicious, the portion was a little small, only a few large chips.

I had: RIGATONI + smoked tomato + fresh ricotta + chorizo
The chorizo wasn't really worth the extra money but the sauce was really delicious.

My friend had: CHINOIS DUCK + flour tortilla + cucumber + hoisin + sriracha + sour cream
He really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge duck fan but it was pretty good.

Dessert was really delicious: WARM CINNAMON SUGAR DOUGHNUT + walnut caramel + soft serve
I don't think I really need to describe why this is really delicious.

The bill came to $96 after taxes but before tip. This did include four alcoholic drinks.

I think if you're looking for something that isn't a cookie cutter chain this would be a great choice. Also a nice option if you live uptown.

No comments:

Post a Comment