Thursday, December 26, 2013

thirsty thursday: union

It's Boxing Day in Canada. It's the day after Christmas, which always makes me think, wow, how is Christmas already done? It was a crazy Christmas in Toronto, following the worst ice storm I remember in the city. I hope you all had a great Christmas and for those in Toronto and other places affected by the ice storm, I hope you didn't lose power for long and for those still experiencing the outages, I hope you get your power back soon! And those who have the patience for the Boxing Day shopping, hope you got a great deal. 

After the craziness that has been this week (or may continue to be this week), you may need a drink. This week's pick is  Union, a VQA from the Niagara region. I tried their riesling chardonnay blend at a party a few weeks ago and picked up a bottle of it at the LCBO. It's a nice white wine, I don't drink a lot of wine but I liked this one a lot. This wine is on the sweeter side and does not have the vinegary after-taste that some whites have. The Union site recommends pairing this with seafood salads or spicy tapas. It's $12.95 at the LCBO and has a 12.5% alcohol content. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment