Thursday, October 3, 2013

thirsty thursday: black creek pumpkin ale

Because it's almost the weekend.

I tried pumpkin ale many years ago and  it wasn't very good, so I was a little reluctant to try it again for my first thirsty thursday but I figured I had to because I feel uncool because I haven't consumed enough pumpkin product this season (I haven't had one pumpkin spice latte, ever).

This week's selection is from a local brewery, Black Creek, located at Black Creek Pioneer Village.

At first, this just tastes like a regular ale and then there's the pumpkin. It's almost like beer mixed with pumpkin pie filling. It's really just taught me that I'm not into the pumpkin spice craze. If you're one of those people that counts down until the pumpkin spice latte, I would assume that this is the beer for you. I will definitely try another one of their ales, also available at the LCBO but I'll leave the pumpkin for the pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment