Thursday, October 17, 2013

thirsty thursday: pumphouse blueberry ale

Can't believe it is already Thursday! Love the short week.

This week's beverage of choice is the pumphouse blueberry ale. I originally tried this beer when a friend of mine brought it back from from New Brunswick, which is of course the blueberry capital of the world. For those that know me, they know I'm a sucker for blueberry flavoured drinks, its just so delicious and often not too sweet. That's the same with this beer. 

Sadly this week, I forgot to take my own picture


It's a light blonde base which I really enjoy. The fruit is not as overpowering as it is in some other fruit beers I've tried. Although this beer is a little on the sweet side, it is still refreshing. I would recommend it if you're a fan of blonde beers and want something a little different. I was pretty excited when I was able to find tall boys of this beer at the LCBO. I love that they come in singles like this because I often don't want to commit one beer in an evening and at $2.75/can and 5%, I'd consider it a good value. Are there any fruity beers you enjoy? Let me know in the comments, I'm always open to suggestions!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment